LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple loop converted using c code generator Target: microchip PIC18f4520

Hi guys, I have an interest in becoming more familiar with PICs.

My experience is in electronics with only very limited C++ experience. I recently downloaded a trial plug-in of the “C generator” I basically created a very simple while/For loop application in LabVIEW.

There is one Boolean input, and one Boolean output. When the input goes high, its flashes the output 3 times. That’s it really. I was very keen to see how well the c generator from LabVIEW worked for embedded applications. I have attached the generated C code from my LabVIEW code.

My immediate questions are with regards to the IO designations. I had assumed, rightly or wrongly, that if I named my controls and indicators in LabVIEW, i.e. for the input i named my LabVIEW control as PORTD.0 and the indicator (output) as PORTD.1 then when i export it to C code, then it would be good to go? Basically any help and advice you can give would very much be appreciated. SI there anything else i need to do with the C code to ready it for compling. I’m using MPlab Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,550 Views)

Hi labnoob,

I basically attended a PIC microcontroller workshop during my bachelors. I have worked on PIC 18f series. Currently im working in a labview based services company. I think it is easy for you to go with compilers like C18 for your c programming. you can find lot of inbuilt functions. If you really want to program a microcontroller easily using labview, then you can go for embedded toolkit. Using this you can program ARM based microcontrollers. Im sorry if I did not gave you the expected reply:)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,528 Views)