LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback node problem for Labview embedded (ARM)

Dear readers,

I have encountered a problem while trying to use a Feedback node in my ARM application. Whatever i do, the output of the feedback node on the ARM (LM3s8962) is always zero. When replacing the feedback node with an uninitialized shift register there is no problem. I have attached an image to clarify my point.

The solution would be to rewrite all the code that contains a feedback node to use shiftregisters instead, but this time wise not really an option and i would like to know if i have overseen something that prevents the feedback node to work on an ARM-core. 

feedback node example

A second problem i encoutered was when trying to use feedback node in a functional global. That doesnt work either, as is expected from the above problem.

When i tried several alternatives to mimic the functional global i tried using a local variable to store and retrieve that data, but this also gives me zero in return. Why is that? I thought that Labview keeps the values in memory during runtime and here the local variable seems to reinitialize to zero every time. I attached an image to clarify my problems.

Functional_global_problem.png

Tested on: Labview 2010 + ARM toolkit, uVision 4 on an LM3s8962

I Tried the above examples with several options when to allocate and deallocate the memory.

I hope if someone can explain me what i do wrong.

With kind regards,

Joost de Hoogh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,936 Views)