From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote computer vi

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions regarding embedding a VI to a compact field point controller and starting it remotely, hope someone can help me with.

I have a cFP-2015 controller, and I would like to embed a VI to this controller and remotely start or stop this VI from a host computer running windows xp. I managed to embed the executable file to my controller and configured it to launch the application at boot-up. It seems to be working as it should but I have no control in stopping the program once it starts.

Then, I came across the "Remote_Computer.vi" from NI which seems to allow me to start and stop my VI remotely. However, I couldn't quite totally get this to work out.

It seems to me that all I need to do is to upload my VI (say FP2015.vi, not the exe file mentioned above) to my 2015 controller and include the corresponding path in the "Remote_Computer.vi" and run the "Remote_Computer.vi." However, after I upload my VI, re-boot the controller, and run the "Remote_Computer.vi," this VI fails to start my remote VI in the controller. I wonder if it is because my controller has not load this VI in memory or it is because I have an incorrect path name for the VI. The path I used in the "Remote_Computer.vi" is like this

C:\NI-RT\STARTUP\FP2015.VI

Is this not correct? I tried to use a wrong path but I usually get an error message with it, so I am not sure what is wrong.

Also, another thing that I don't understand is that when I embedded the exe file to the controller and re-boot my controller, my controller run my VI as it should (at this point, my FP2015.vi is still present in my controller). Now, when I run the "Remote_Computer.vi," I CAN remotely start and stop my FP2015 VI. Why is that?

Many thanks in advance!!

Tak

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,249 Views)
Have you fixed the problem or got any answer. I have the same problem too. If I can figure out, I will let you know.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,097 Views)