From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I reduce RAM usage?

Hi everyone, I am newbie and this is the first time to ask something here. 

I faced heavy trouble related to RAM usage.

My application use RAM over 2GB ~ 2.3GB. (Because my program use too much subVI (about 600) So some poor computer can't execute this program. I look for lots of solutions and tested something but I can't understand.

캡처2.PNG

The upper side is the method called by reference and I heard If I use this method, subVI don't take up space on RAM when they weren't called by main.

The below side is the method I used my program and I listen If users execute the application and SUB VI occupy memory space on RAM even though they weren't called by main.

캡처.PNG

To compared RAM usage, I utilize LabView's tool but It confused me because results are the same. They occupy only when they were called by main.vi. So memory usage is same... I was confused. Can Anybody help me?

-- summary --

Can I reduce ram usage about my program? For example this program need 2GB and then I can reduce 2GB --> 1GB?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,641 Views)

Hello LikeSnow.

I guess you may know already how to use calling a VI by reference. But, check this tutorial explaining how to use.
I quoted some sentence form there,
Note that when we finish the call, we close the VI reference"
aaaaaa.PNG
Did you close the reference?

Message 2 of 3
(4,565 Views)

Hi chisbae, I am too late to your comments.

Thanks for teaching me. 

Yeah, I solved this problem to replace Call VI(Basic) with Call by references. 

It really effects and this reduces ram usage noticeably. (2GB --> 250 MB)

I am looking forward to see you again at another topice : D 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,516 Views)