LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get example to work after following instructions given in "Getting Started with the NI LabVIEW C Generator" guide

Fab,

Like you, I'm looking into using the LabVIEW C Generator for an embedded application.

I would be interested in your opinion of the LabVIEW C Generator. Also, roughly how much does it cost?

Regards,

Vito

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(8,713 Views)

Hi Vito,

Unfortunately as you can see in this thread, we couldn't even get the shipping example to work on LabVIEW 2011. Needless to say that my customer was not willing to go this route. We didn't even get to talk about price. 

Maybe once we get a fix from NI we will give it another look. But for now, we don't plan to use the LabVIEW C Generator tool.

Let me know if you are successful with this tool, maybe you plan to use it with an earlier version of LabVIEW.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(8,710 Views)

Hi Fab,

Thanks for your prompt reply. This is not good news. If you've had problems getting LabVIEW C Generator going, it's not a good start for me.

Hi Kevin,

Roughly how much does the LabVIEW C Generator cost?

Regards,

Vito

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(8,705 Views)

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile the same generated code (from GCD.vi) but with a Keil µvision 4 ( the default target: Luminary).
I followed line by line the tutoriaI and i used the µvision project (example.uvproj) mentioned in the manual  (edited under µvision2).

I have 0 errors but many warnings (35) divided on 3 main types:

warning:  #177-D: variable "    " was declared but never referenced
 warning:  #174-D: expression has no effect
 warning:  #68-D: integer conversion resulted in a change of sign

Have anyone encountered these warnings ?
I'm suspecting my µvision version... if anyone managed to compile the example under µvision 4 or 5 ?

Thank you

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(8,015 Views)

@Hmida wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile the same generated code (from GCD.vi) but with a Keil µvision 4 ( the default target: Luminary).
I followed line by line the tutoriaI and i used the µvision project (example.uvproj) mentioned in the manual  (edited under µvision2).

I have 0 errors but many warnings (35) divided on 3 main types:

warning:  #177-D: variable "    " was declared but never referenced
 warning:  #174-D: expression has no effect
 warning:  #68-D: integer conversion resulted in a change of sign

Have anyone encountered these warnings ?
I'm suspecting my µvision version... if anyone managed to compile the example under µvision 4 or 5 ?

Thank you

Best regards

We never got a reply from NI. I don't know if the bug I found got fixed after LabVIEW 2011.

Perhaps someone from NI can tell us if CAR##327027 was fixed and see if that is related to the issue Himura_Kenshin is seeing.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 15 of 18
(7,931 Views)

Thanks Fabiola for your reply

I tested with a simple add program, and by changing some variables, it worked !

After that i tested the GCD program and it worked without modifications !

Now i'm focusing in the Array addition and it's not easy at all ...

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(7,921 Views)

Hi,

Does anybody know if CAR #327027 has been resolved?

Has anybody tried the "Greatest Common Divisor" example with Win32?  I'm using LabVIEW 2011 and MS Visual C++ 2008 and cannot get the Makefile to work.

Please & thanks!

Gord

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(7,869 Views)

Hi Gord, 

CAR #327027 was resolved in LabVIEW 2012.

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(7,853 Views)