LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Labview embedded be used to program my own embedded hardware with 32bit MCU?

If i am designing my own hardware using any 32 bit microcontroller, (say ARM or PIC), can i use labview embedded to program that microcontroller?

Or Labview embedded only support limited hardware/ kits????

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,667 Views)

Hi, It is possible to program ARM controllers using labview embedded toolkit. I'm not sure whether u want to run a labview app on a sbc such as friendlyARM etc. I'm on the same mission:)

Message 2 of 6
(8,643 Views)

For ARM, can we design our own hardware prototype and use labview embedded to program it?

I know very less about ARM processors. Do we need a RTOS to run this Labview embedded code? 

I have worked in PIC microcontrollers in my own hardware designs. I directly programmed it using C code. 

What is the case of ARM? Does it need an OS or can e directly program using C code?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,638 Views)
I too am curious of this. Is LabView setup to only work with the ARM evalution kits that NI provides or can we create our own custom PCB's with ARM processors and deploy to them as well?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,615 Views)

Yes you can if your target MCU is supported by KEIL uVision.

I have made my own targets for the LPC1788 and LPC1758

make sure you have the peripheral library of your MCU and configure a target template in uVision, these are in the labview folder > targets > keil > realview > generic

Good luck with making the code for using periperals in LabVIEW (arm_serial.c, arm_irq.c, etc)

Wouter.
"LabVIEW for ARM guru and bug destroyer"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,589 Views)

For ARM, can we design our own hardware prototype and use labview embedded to program it? I know very less about ARM processors. Do we need a RTOS to run this Labview embedded code? I have worked in PIC microcontrollers in my own embedded hardware designs. I directly programmed it using C code. 

What is the case of ARM? Does it need an OS or can e directly program using C code?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,688 Views)