From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong voltage vaules when I use NI9244 and electrical power Suite 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I measure voltage 3 phase with NI9244 and I have some problems to understand the values.

When I have a signal between AI0 and ground, AI1 and ground and A2 and ground, I measure the right value like 230V RMS at every Port. Ok!

But when AI1 and AI2 are not connected and just Ai0 is connected - I measure in my vi the same value as on Ai0 on the other ports. And the graph looks the same Ai0, Ai1 and Ai2. When I checked the signal by MAX without my vi the graph looks same on every port, too. 

Can anybody explain me why?

Thank you.

Gregor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,988 Views)

Hi,

As I know, this is the configuration of NI-DAQmx. if there is no signal, the simulation waveform appears on NI MAX.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,814 Views)

This might be simple, we had a similar issue on an SBRIO in the past.  It was due to floating inputs.

You mentioned funny reading when a couple of channels were disconnected.  Try tying those channels to ground and see if that doesn't fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author The_NewOne

Hi Gregor,

When I look at the pinout for the 9244 there is no ground. The Analog inputs are referenced to a common neutral point. Is this what you are connecting? (Pinout at http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/c-series-voltage-input-module/latest/9244/pinout/).

The issue with open connectors normally only impacts multiplexed signals but this is a simultaneous card. I think more likely the issue in this case is that the signal is coming through the neutral or you are reading it as a delta system. I don't have one in front of me so I'm not sure if MAX would allow you to select a Delta or Wye connection for this module.

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,803 Views)