From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resampled Waveform Time Delta

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a seemingly pretty basic question about the data that the electrical power toolkit deals with.  In the example FPGA code the sampled data is re-sampled to convert to constant-angle data.  In the RT code this data is then converted into a waveform (Convert Data to Waveforms VI).  Since a waveform only stores start timestamp, time delta, and data array, does this mean data is converted back into constant time data?  If I read data out of the FPGA in a loop and the frequency drifts will the dt of the waveform change?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mbremer

I assume you are looking at the PQ examples.

The resampled data is still constant-angle data, although the data is represented in waveform type with a dt. We do this because we assume the frequency will not change during one data block (~200ms).

If the frequency drifts from block to block, the dt of the resampled waveform will change.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,541 Views)

Thanks for the clarification.  Do I need any special consideration for logging blocks to TDMS if the dt value could change?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,535 Views)