LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power quality application problem FPGA RAM overload

Hello,

im having a problem with Power quality application add-on. Im using crio-9074 and analog modules 9225 and 9227, im trying to start a program called power quality application(delta-sigma).lvproj that can be found in ni samples folder as part of power quality application, ive allready changed project so it can be started from my equipment but problem is default crio was 9068 wich is much powerfull than older 9074, as i can se in description is cleary noticed that i can use crio-9074 for starting aplication, as im trying to compile fpga.vi im getting a error massage that Ram memory is overused and that copiled project is to big, is there any why i can make it smaller and make space in fpga memory(using less chanels, in this particular case i have 7 of them,makeing fifo size smaller, ect), fifo size is set to default 8192 elements type U32 number of samples 192 per cycle and fifo depth is more than 16 000 elements. If anyone have any solution i would greatly apriciate it.

Ivo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,106 Views)

I'm having the same problem.
Did you find any solution?  Thanks

Ing. Jonathan E. Cruz Ortiz

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

Cel : (+57) 3173669343 - (+57) 3124451894

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,925 Views)

How much over is it?

The FIFO from the DAQ loop to the resampling loop can be pretty small - 100s of elements or less should work since you are going to an SCTL.

There other internal FIFO might need to be bigger but this one depends on how fast the host can pull data off.

If you do shrink these make sure you add a latch to the timed out flag on the write and monitor it, throwing an error if it goes true. If any of these FIFOs overflow all the data is corrupted

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,914 Views)