From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leistungsmessung mit Harmonic Power VI liefert falsche Ergebnisse / power measure with harmonic power.Vi wrong values

Solved!
Go to solution

English version at the buttom.

Hallo Support Team,

ich möchte gerne mit einen cDAQ-9132 Chassis und den Analogeneingangsmodulen NI9244 + NI9247 eine Leistungsmessung nach Ihrem Example "Advanced Power Measurement (DAQmx) VI: labview\examples\Electrical Power\Power Measurement" vornehmen.

Ich habe das Projekt 1:1 nach Ihrem Beispiel aufgebaut und muss feststellen, dass falsche Leistungsmesswerte berechnet und angezeigt werden. Diese Messwerte sind unrealistisch. Leider kann ich keine Ursache feststellen.

Als Anlage übersende ich Ihnen mein Projekt als Beispiel, mit der Bitte um Unterstützung.

Ich messe zum einen Leistung aus dem Signalverlauf direkt über das SubVi "Power.VI" und unten nochmal Leistung über das  SubVi "Harmonic Power VI". Beide Varianten liefern unterschiedliche Ergebnisse, wobei die Berechnungen von "Power.VI" korrekt sind.

Auch wenn ich 1:1 Ihre Beispiel verwende. Habe ich ebenfalls falsche Ergebnisse. Deshalb sehe ich erstmal keinen Fehler in meinem Projekt.

Im speziellen ist die Wirkleistung korrekt berechnet, jedoch die Schein und Blindleistung fehlerhaft. Diese ist viel zu klein.

Bitte Unterstützen Sie mich hier bei der Fehlersuche. Ich gehe davon aus, dass es ein allgemeines Problem ist, welches Ihnen evtl. bereits bekannt ist.

Gruß Gregor

Hello,

I measure power with the cDaq-9132 Chassis and analog input hardware NI9244 + NI9247.

I do like in the example "Advanced Power Measurement (DAQmx) VI: labview\examples\Electrical Power\Power Measurement". But I get the wrong values for power (VA + VAR). Real power (W) is correct.

I do the measure in two methods.

With subVi “power.vi” from the signalwave. The values are correct.

And I do it with subvi "Harmonic Power VI" like in the example from the spectrum voltage and current. I get wrong values for power (VA+VAR). I do it really like in the example. I just copy the example. So that I think it is very sure that my VI is not the problem.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you

Gregor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,214 Views)

Please make sure the input voltages are in Wye-connection, because the power.vi only takes input of phase voltage signals.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,189 Views)

thank you for you feedback. 

Yes I have Wye (star) connection.

All phases have a different load, but I think this is not a problem for power.VI.

The values are wrong when I measure with sub VI "harmonic power.vi". With the subVi power.vi I get the right values.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,181 Views)

The power.vi calculates the total power of input three phase signals, while the harmonic power.vi calculates the power values from each harmonic order of the three phase power.

If the input signals are heavily disturbed by harmonics, interharmonics, and noise, the calculated result will be different between these two power VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,176 Views)

I understand what the power harmonic.vi is doing but I don't understand why the power values are different between harmonic power an wave power. 

I used the exeample Advanced Power Measurment - Harmonics (DAQmx).vi

I just import power.vi to calulate the power from waveform directly. And I changed the index from 3 to 1 because I measure only 1 phase. (see pic 2018xxx.png)

I think the total power must be the same if i used power.vi or power harmonics.vi, because the sum of power values from each harmonic order are the total power.

On pic "export_power_values.png" you can see that the total power is different. 

14,9 VA in power harmonic.vi  to 21,0VA in power.vi. I'm sure the values of the power.vi are correct.

I'm for example the power of a Low-energy light-bulb.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,133 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author The_NewOne

For the code from your screenshot, please notice that the durations of the signals input to the power.vi and harmonic power.vi are different, which maybe the cause of your problem.

• for the power.vi, the signal duration is determined by the two configurations of the DAQmx VIs: 'number of samples per channel', and 'DAQmx sample rate[Hz]'.
  • for the harmonic power.vi, the original waveform signals are first buffered and slipped into data blocks, and then input to the harmonic vis to process. The signal duration of each data block is determined by 'cycles per block' and the actural line frequency.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,128 Views)