From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Phase Power

I currently have the Full Version of EPS.  I am trying to measure 3 Phase Power and it looks to me that the values calculated out of Power Values.vi does not actually calculate 3 phase total power, but rather the 3 individual phase powers ignoring the fact that they are in a 3 phase configuration.

Basically I feel like it is missing a SQRT(3) to account for a DELTA or WYE configuration.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,488 Views)

Hi,

The values calculated out of Power Values.vi does not actually calculate 3 phase total power.

There is the "total power values" output interface on the Power Values.vi. It indicates the total power of the 3 phases.

It is missing a SQRT(3) to account for a DELTA or WYE configuration.

On the front panel of the EPS examples, you should choose the correct wiring method. And in the LabVIEW Help, you can find the description about the wiring on the following path: Toolkits -> Electrical Power Toolkit -> Electrical Power Concepts -> Electrical Power Signals -> Connections and Wiring -> Wiring.

You can use the D to Y Convert.vi or Y to D Convert.vi to make the conversion.

So you don't need to convert the D and Y by sqrt(3).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,456 Views)