LabVIEW Development Best Practices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW-Control Valve

I have started a new project where I have to control the valves operation through Labview 2015,using NI USB  cDAQ).

I need to control Flow control valve(open, semi open, partially open, semi close, partially close, fully close) using Labview. It is a globe valve and 4 numbers are used here.

Please let me know, how should l develop the VI for this? How to get started?, any helpful links? If there is any example code?

Its little urgent !

Message 1 of 11
(7,113 Views)

Hey aryans

you could finde some discussions arround the UI here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/19122?tstart=30

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,841 Views)

hi Aryans,  In order to control valves you need to use DC motors so that by varying the voltage levels you can apply your race conditions  here i am attaching a doc this might helpful http://ceia.seecs.nust.edu.pk/pdfs/Valve_Actuator_FYP_Report.pdf   Regards, Venugopal

Venugopal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,841 Views)

is this corrrect?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,841 Views)

Hiii friends... I want to turn on an on/off valve when the liquid level is below 45 cm and off when liquid level above 55 cm. how can I do this in labview?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,841 Views)

Hiii friends... I want to turn on an on/off valve when the liquid level is below 45 cm and off when liquid level above 55 cm automatically. how can I do this in labview?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,841 Views)

Hi Aryans,

For the requirement you mentioned above, You can just use the Case Structure or "In Range and Coerce" function for realising it.

Any further doubts, please explain it as clearly as possible...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,841 Views)

is this correct? I want to turn on an on/off valve when the liquid level is below 45 cm and off when liquid level above 55 cm automatically

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,841 Views)

I think it should be fine. But you should be the final person to say whether it meets your requirements.

If you are new to the Labview, i suggest you to just browse through all the available functions and features of the Labview for a day or two. Then, you'll feel much better to work with it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,841 Views)

hii.... I have to control, valves operation through Labview 2015,using NI USB  cDAQ).

I need to control Flow control valve(open, semi open, partially open, semi close, partially close, fully close) using Labview. It is a globe valve and 4 numbers are used here.

Please let me know, how should l develop the VI for this? How to get started?, any helpful links? If there is any example code?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,841 Views)