cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blockdiagram Zoom Out

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi ,

i have very wide blockdiagram even after i select all the items and click on CLEAN UP DIAGRAM button i want to zoom it out to see all the blocks and i can't use subvis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(10,915 Views)
Solution
Accepted by M.Essam

You can not zoom in labview but you might find the navigation window usfull (cntr+shift+N)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(10,094 Views)

What kind of application is this?

I can only think of very very few cases, where you can't use SubVIs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(10,094 Views)

Oli_Wachno wrote:

What kind of application is this?

I can only think of very very few cases, where you can't use SubVIs

Actually I can't think of any reason NOT to use subVIs.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(10,094 Views)

The most interesting aspect of this question is thinking about why you couldn't use subvis. I'm struggling to think of a single use-case.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(10,094 Views)

I have seen cases in FPGA where you need a lot of wires for functional blocks (VHDL nodes, custom devices, etc.) that would be nice to put into subvis (like "acquire" -> "store/log" -> "compare" -> "compute Simulink/Veristand" -> "output", something like that) just to tidy up your block diagram but you wouldn't want to bundle/unbundle or build/index arrays for resource reasons?

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(10,094 Views)

Generally on FPGA bundles, unbundles are free anyway since there is no memory, just wires.

The case I can think of is the if you are using locals or implicit property nodes (IF you are unaware of the alternatives to these).

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(10,094 Views)

Hi

I can use subvis in my application , sorry i meant to say that i don't want to use subvi

Any way thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(10,094 Views)

Independent of the IDE you're using there's some style guidelines you should adhere to.

A block diagram that is so  huge that you consider zooming is definitely an indicator that you should SubVI's. SubVI's increase the readability and reusability of your program.

Saying that you don't want to use SubVI's is a bit like saying you want to write a well-readable book, but without any chapters, interpunction etc..

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(10,094 Views)

E.Essam wrote:

I can use subvis in my application , sorry i meant to say that i don't want to use subvi

For what reason?

This conversation reminds me of this quick story: The Dense Forest.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 10 of 12
(10,094 Views)