From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for FPGA Controls in Host VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I've been working with the LTE Application Framework. In trying to understand its operation, it would be helpful to easily see how the Host VI and FPGA VI are connected. The FPGA has many controls that are set in the host via "Read/Write FPGA Control" modules. If there is a control in the FPGA such as "use DL TX RF start trigger" and I need to know how it is set/unset, I would like to be able to quickly find this in the Host. However, if I search the project for "use DL TX RF start trigger" the only results are the FPGA controls. 

Is there a way to find where the FPGA control is set, or do I just need to search for Read/Write FPGA Control modules and go through each until I find what I'm looking for?

Thanks,

-ctarver

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,623 Views)

To add to this a little, I also would like to be able to easily find the host side of a DMA FIFO. When looking at the Resources file, you can easily click on a FIFO and search for instances of the FIFO on the FPGA. However, I haven't found a way to search for the same FIFO on the host vi. If there is a way to do this, I'd appreciate any help in finding it.

Thanks!

-ctarver

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,573 Views)

Hello ctarver!

I was wondering, are you using LabVIEW Communications 2.0 with the LTE App Framework?

Assuming you are, I was unable to find a way to find where the Host VIs connect with the FPGA VI.  However, this is a great suggestion for the LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange!  The Idea Exchange is a place to provide feedback to NI R&D to help better our products!  I would suggest posting on the Idea Exchange about adding this feature to LabVIEW, as it would be very useful!

I hope this is helpful!

Best,

Casey L.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,558 Views)

Hi,

Yes, I am using LabView Comms 2.0 with the LTE AFW. 

I'll make a post to request the feature.

Thanks!

ctarver

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ctarver

Hey ctarver,

As one of the project managers for the LabVIEW group responsible for Comms, I wanted to let you know that this feature request has been put on our backlog and will be considered for inclusion in an upcoming release.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,516 Views)