From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Wireless Communication Lab

Solved!
Go to solution

The Lab codes from the Digital Wireless Communication Student Manual is failing to load in NXG 3.1.Any possible solution?

https://learn.ni.com/teach/resources/103/digital-communications

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,182 Views)
Solution
Accepted by melahi

Hi Melahi,

I believe the source was saved in LabVIEW Communications 2.0 and therefore can't be opened in LabVIEW Communications 3.1 or later.

2019-09-26 12_57_03-LabVIEW Communications 2.0 to 2.1 and 3.0 Migration Guide - National Instruments.png

In order to use that in 3.1 you will first need to migrate the source into 3.0 and then migrate that version into 3.1.

Please also note that my recollection is that some of the files are using the now deprecated MathScript Node which will require additional modifications in 3.0/3.1:

2019-09-26 12_59_12-LabVIEW Communications 2.0 to 2.1 and 3.0 Migration Guide - National Instruments.png

See the LabVIEW Communications 2.0 to 2.1 and 3.0 Migration Guide and the Migrating from MathScript Node to Interface for MATLAB® help topic for more details.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,134 Views)
Solution
Accepted by melahi

One additional note. It looks like the course calls out specifically that it is LabVIEW Communications 2.0 compatible:

2019-09-26 13_05_30-Digital Communications - National Instruments.png

My recommendation therefore would be to run through the course in Comms 2.0 and then develop your actual application in 3.1.

If you do migrate the course source into 3.1 then you will likely find inconsistencies between the source and the course manual and will have difficulty making it functional.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,129 Views)