From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon S3 LabVIEW examples are not working with my security credentials

Solved!
Go to solution

I am just getting started learning about using Amazon S3 with LabVIEW and I have an AWS account, however when I try and use my credentials (access key ID and secret access key) with the list all buckets example in LabVIEW, I get an error saying that "The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in Amazon's records." 

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I am doing something wrong but I am not sure what. Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
(10,750 Views)

Can you confirm that you are using an access key ID and secret access key and not your login/password?  Also, verify that you don't have any extra characters like trailing spaces or anything in your strings.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(10,708 Views)

Here are screenshots showing what I tried that isn't working. I am pretty sure I am using the right credentials, and I don't think there are any extra characters.

So first I navigate to the "manage access keys" window and create a new access key like so

accesskey1.PNGThen after creating a new access key I copy the credentials to my sticky notes.

accesskey2.PNG

accesskey3.PNG

Then I copy and paste them into the list buckets example VI like this:

accesskey4.PNG

But when I run the VI I get the following error:

accesskey5.PNG

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(10,695 Views)

Your secret key isn't very secret any more.  I was able to reproduce the error with your account, but not with mine.

Have you created any buckets?  Have you enabled the required policies to use the S3 API?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(10,670 Views)

I just created that set of credentials as an example and then deleted them so they should not work. But every time a create a new set of keys, they still do not work. I did create some buckets, but I will look into the required policies that you linked. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(10,667 Views)

So I made a new policy with the permissions you suggested, but I am still getting the same error. Here is my policy, I hope I did it right. 

my policy.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(10,664 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author phelhe

The problem was the account I was using... I made a new account and now it works. I think it was because the first account I tried with was a Chinese AWS account, but I'm not sure. 

Message 7 of 10
(10,606 Views)

Thanks for posting with the solution. That helps us if this issue comes up again in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(10,603 Views)

Yes, I had the same problem. We need to restart the labview and refresh the AWS account. And then it works.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,445 Views)

What does "refresh the AWS account" mean?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,104 Views)