LabVIEW

Certification:

Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)

Certified TestStand Developer (CTD)

Certified Professional Instructor (CPI)

Used LabVIEW Since:

LabVIEW 4.0 (1996)

Applications Areas:

data acquisition, test, measurement, control, and process automation applications.

Biography:

Owner, Radius Teknologies, LLC.

I started my technical career in the U.S. Air Force as an Airborne Radar Technician working on F-15 fighter aircraft.

When I left the Air Force, I went to work as a Payload Processing Technician working on the Space Station program at Kennedy Space Center in Florida. It was there that I first learned LabVIEW. We used LabVIEW version 4.0 to control a 40 kW DC load bank. The first real LabVIEW code that I wrote was one of two programs used to control these DC load banks.

I took the requisite text-based programming languages in college, but I didn’t really catch the software development wave until I took my first LabVIEW training classes. After that, I was hooked on LabVIEW and graphical programming and there was no looking back! I liked LabVIEW so much that in December of 1997 I became certified as a National Instruments Certified Instructor (NICI) so that I could teach LabVIEW courses for National Instruments under their original Instructor certification program.

In addition to programming in LabVIEW every day, I also teach LabVIEW. I’ve been a LabVIEW Instructor at Anoka Technical College since 2001. In 2012, I decided to renew my certification with National Instruments so that I could teach classes for NI again, so I attained the Certified Professional Instructor (CPI) credential. Since then, I’ve taught LabVIEW Core 1, LabVIEW Core 2, LabVIEW Core 3, TestStand I, TestStand II, Data Acquisition and Instrument Control classes for National Instruments at several NI training centers around the United States.

In my career I’ve held technical positions in the defense, aerospace and medical device industries. I’ve worked on systems that are small enough to be implanted into the human body and large enough to orbit planet Earth. LabVIEW is the common thread that ties all of these experiences together for me. I’ve been using LabVIEW continuously since 1996. I write LabVIEW programs every day and that still excites me. And I'm especially proud and honored to be a member of the LabVIEW Champions group.

Discussion Groups:

•    NI Instructors

•    Minneapolis LabVIEW User Group

•    LabVIEW APIs

•    LabVIEW Development Best Practices

•    LabVIEW Career Network

Articles:

Presentation – Make A Splash In LabVIEW

This presentation covers an example that I posted to the forum titled Splash Screen Effect in LabVIEW and other methods for creating professional User Interface features in LabVIEW.

Websites:

RadiusTeknologies, LLC

Comments
FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Congratulations! and I love your Splash Screen Effect example

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Contributors