LabVIEW Champions Directory

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Champion: David Corney

David Corney.jpgHome: Austin, Texas.

Certifications: CLD and CPI.

Education: B.Eng in Electronic Systems and Control Engineering.

Programming Languages: LabVIEW, TestStand, ANCI C (using LW/CVI), C#.

Used LabVIEW Since: 1993 (LabVIEW 3.0) and I still have the box set at home.

Application Areas: Automation and Test Systems, Real Time and FPGA.

Active Forums: I subscribe to number of forum and community pages, but have to admit to being a 'lurker' on many of them. If I were apply marketing spin to this section, I could say that my forum is the classroom; I typically train around 400 LabVIEW users a year

Biography: I have been writing software applications since the mid-1980's. The first languages I used included Basic, assembler (6502, Z80 and 8088) and C. In 1993 I joined National Instruments UK and was introduced to LabVIEW 3.0.

In 2000 my career brought me to Austin, Texas to work in what is now the Training and Certification Department at NI's headquarters. As the Course Development Manager I was responsible for the creation of a team that developed and maintained the training courses and certification programs.

In 2009, David Corney Consulting LLC was created. As the only employee I split my time between teaching National Instruments training courses and developing applications in LabVIEW, with occasional projects that use TestStand.