LabVIEW Champions Directory

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Champion: Chris Cilino

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 10.19.50 AM.pnghttps://www.linkedin.com/in/chriscilino/I love seeing people "get it". You know... that first moment someone understands THEY CAN make the computer obey their commands (instead of the other way around). I've personally experienced and witnessed the sense of mastery LabVIEW gives to people to "take the measurement", "program the algorithm" or "create the application" they thought they never could. And I love it!

Through LabVIEW I've gained the ability to save time and money by turning the computer into the tool I needed it to be. And I want to help as many people as possible gain that same sense of mastery through this intuitive and powerful programming language.

During my career I've 

• Worked at a small start up where I was introduced to LabVIEW and learned the fundamentals of programming.
  • Worked at National Instruments for 2 years as an Applications Engineer where I learned the diverse problems that can be solved with LabVIEW.
    • I taught many customer education courses
    • Won numerous awards
  • Worked for 7 years in DAQ R&D at National Instruments where I learned professional software development methodologies and extended \ improved the DAQ Assistant exclusively in LabVIEW. 
    • I learned about the software engineering process
    • Continuous integration (test suites, auto build processes, auto localization and documentation)
    • Began contributing back to the community through my own tools such as the LabVIEW Container 
  • Worked for 2 years in LabVIEW Marketing where I
    • heavily invested in the LabVIEW Champions group, and am now honored to be a part of it
    • created the Champions Led tracks at NIWeek
    • worked on the "LabVIEW to LabVIEW NXG" conversion experience
  • Have worked at Cirrus Logic
    • As the LabVIEW architect over our Validation Software
    • As the Project Manager over our interactions with various contractors (including Soliton) to implement my various designs
    • As LabVIEW enthusiast where I developed and executed the LabVIEW User Group Strategy
    • As general proficiency and technical lead to enable Cirrus Logic to efficiently and effectively use the NI Platform

I'm an avid believer in exercising

• Solid software development principles
    • Scalability, Extensibility, Reusability, Readability, Modularity, Separation of Concerns, etc.
    • OOP Patterns
    • Applications Patterns
  • Software development process
    • Requirements gathering
    • Expectation setting for management and developers
    • Team collaboration
  • Leading teams
    • To discover, document, and communicate requirements to all stakeholders in a meaningful way
    • To agree on software design and feature tradeoffs that facilitate business needs 

LabVIEW has been the key factor in my achievements. And it is my joy, privilege, and honor to contribute back to our community of LabVIEW users.

IMG_0997.jpeg

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chriscilino/

Contributors