From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree API

Hejka, did you manage to download the 2015 version? Does it work?

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 40
(5,180 Views)

Hello Piotr,

I downloaded attached zip file and when tried to open the project, unfortunatelly couldn't open correctly. Most of all messages are structure error and so on. Please see the attached file. Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 40
(5,158 Views)

Thanks for letting me know. There is a bug in LV2016 with saving to previous versions. Its should be fixed by f2 patch which I installed today. I saved it again to 2015 and uploaded ZIP. Please try again.

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 40
(5,153 Views)

Hello again, Piotr

Successfully made and installed package into my environment with no issue.

Thanks again and if I have question, contact to you again as many times as I can. 🙂

Best regards,

Dooyoung

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 40
(5,127 Views)

Hi Piotr and thanks for this great piece of LabVIEW-Code. I'm used to Python coding and ever missed in LabVIEW something like a dictionary-class. Your Tree API is a great substitution, and even a little bit more.

Special thanks for your quick response and updates regarding the XML on LinuxRT support. That helped us a lot. The actual version 1.6.1 works great on the cRIO 9039.

Best regards,

Manu

Message 15 of 40
(5,016 Views)

Im glad 🙂 please keep me up to date on how your cool project is going 🙂

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 40
(5,006 Views)

Piotr,

I've only been using the API for about an hour, so I feel bad posting this.  It seems like there's a bug, the API vi to read the meta data of a tree, calls into the private vi.  There however, it seems like you are using the read name instead of the read meta data.  Am I completely off??

What is the use of the meta data, mostly to assign any string data to the tree item?  That's at least how I was planning to use it.  Let me know, and sorry to assume there's a bug if I'm wrong.

Jorge.

Message 17 of 40
(4,706 Views)

You are correct. I will fix it right away. Thanks for catching this.

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 40
(4,701 Views)

Piotr,

Thanks for the update.  Regarding the API, is it possible to work with a tree that has an array data type, meaning that the user can select multiple items at once?  If I choose this, then the show tree reference has a class conflict.

Also, what is the best way to color a tree item differently based on an attribute, should I do that outside of the tree api and only use the api to read the attribute?

Thanks, Jorge.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 40
(4,696 Views)

1. I didn't implement it like this in the example but i don't see a problem. You just need to logically separate data items from tree items and you're good to go... I hope 😄

2. Correct, do this with property nodes outside of tree api by getting the values from it and applying them yourself.

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 40
(4,694 Views)