From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I programmatically (script) the "Output Configuration" for a numeric function (Add, Subract, Multiply, etc...) for a fixed-point operation?

Hello,

I need to programmatically set/change the 'output configuration' of all numeric functions on a block diagram (e.g. Add, Multiply, Square, Negate, etc...). Is there a way to programmatically get/set these configurations? Specifically, I'd like to be able to set all the properties found in this image for a give function on a block diagram.

object properties.png

There is a way to set these properties for front panel controls and indicators but I have not found a way to do that for block diagram functions.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,050 Views)

I don't think these are exposed in the API. One way you could probably do this is by creating the functions you want in a separate VI manually and then using that to replace the original function. I'm guessing that the feasibility of this depends on the number of combinations you have.

(3,565 Views)