From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot LabVIEW chroot on Raspberry Pi

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to reboot only the LabVIEW chroot on the Raspberry Pi like what is done when you deploy a new program to the Pi.  Based on my understanding LabVIEW is running in its own chroot and I have tried to end or restart the session based on the schroot options.  I am not sure if I need to stop the process running in the LabVIEW chroot or if I need to mount something again after running this command.  Here is what I am seeing when trying to run these commands:

schroot recover sessionschroot recover session schroot end sessionschroot end session

After running the recover-session or end-session commands the lv chroot is no longer found.  I can confirm that the LabVIEW program stopped running after running these commands.

Note that the shutdown command is not available in the LabVIEW chroot.

Is there a way to view the commands that the LabVIEW environment on the PC is sending to the Raspberry Pi when the program is downloaded so that I can see how to properly reboot the LabVIEW environment on the Pi?

Thank you in advance for any assistance. 

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,403 Views)

Note that the shutdown command is not available in the LabVIEW chroot.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,402 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DavidWilt

The best way to do this is using systemd, not directly through schroot.

Use this command to check the chroot status:

systemctl status labview.service

Use this command to stop the chroot (and LabVIEW):

sudo systemctl stop labview.service

You can also restart or stop the chroot by substituting "restart" or "stop" in the above command.

Message 3 of 4
(2,371 Views)

Thank you very much.  That accomplishes what I was looking for.  By using:

sudo systemctl restart labview.service

I am able to get the LabVIEW environment to reboot without effecting the Pi OS environment.

Now I got to see if I can SSH from my NXG web interface to reboot the LabVIEW environment as required.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,359 Views)