From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa install problem

I posted a few questions abou microstrain usb interfacing with labview and seem to have come to my problem source. I opened the SDK for microstrain and it will no let me select with com port I am working out of. So I did some snooping and found a VISA install guide that uses the Measurement and Automation Explorer and when I open that and look under visa, it appears there are errors. I am using 8.2 and have installed the whole thing multiple times and it still will not change, see screen shot attatched.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,573 Views)

Eli,

I have looked into your previous posts and this seems to be an extension of this post.  Since you never replied, I'm not sure if you have tried the suggestions outlined there.  I would recommend you continue to post regarding this issue in that thread.  

In response to your problem, I am unsure what the specifics of your issue are, and would ask that you provide the specific errors displayed in the Measurement and Automation Explorer, as well as the your operating system, and what version of NI-VISA is installed.

With the information at hand, I would suggest you completely uninstall NI-VISA before reinstalling and see if that helps.

Sincerely,

Drew T.

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,549 Views)