Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to configure suruga controller D220, instrument not found MAX?

Hi, I am connecting Suruga Controller D220 through GPIB interface, and trying to configure it using MAX, but I cann't see the instrument and message of instrument not find appearing. please anyone can help with thanks?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,721 Views)

Hi Aneece,

Can you help me to provide more detailed information?

1. What GPIB interface you use? USB? PCI? PCMCIA?

2. Without connecting the instrument (Suruga Controller D220), do you able to see the GPIB Interface in MAX?

3. If yes, I assume you are pressing "Scan for Instruments" and no instrument appearing. Have you checked the Power for the instrument? check whether the instrument is working or not? 

Most likely, if you are in step 3, the instrument might spoilt. But it is just my suggestion, I can suggest more if you provide more detail informations. Feels free to correct me if I am wrong.
Hope that helps!
Sincerely,

Krisna Wisnu

Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
Certified TestStand Developer (CTD)
Using LabVIEW 8.5.1 (2008) to LabVIEW 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,697 Views)

Hi Kresna,

thanks so much for your reply, I am using GPIB PCI, I am trying to controll motorized stages connected with D220 Suruga controller, and also I can see GPIB interface under devices tab. the power of D220 was on and the instrument is a new, so when I press "scan for instruments" I get instrument not found. is there any thing need to be installed while installing GPIB driver. 

Sencerley,

Aneece
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,687 Views)

Hi Aneece,

Too bad that there is nothing much I can suggest you to do except contacting the Suruga Controller D220 support team. As on GPIB interface side, there is no problem. Last, can I check with you that is there any "Remote" button/switch on the instrument? my suspicion is that you have not set the instrument to be controlled remotely through GPIB. I tried to look for the manual but could not find, can you provide any? I can't promise you anything though.

Sincerely,

Krisna Wisnu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,679 Views)

Hi Kresna,

thank you so much I have solved the problem, it was due to GPIB bad connection. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,569 Views)

Hi Aneece,

Glad you managed to solve the problem, also, I appreciate your feedback and share the solution with us here. Good luck in your project!
Sincerely,

Krisna Wisnu

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,564 Views)