Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 66x series IVI/VXI driver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I used to communicate without problems with Agilent 66x series power supplies in Visual C# .NET, after having wrapped its VXI/PNP .fp file with the .NET wrapper wizard.

I was using an old 661x.exe driver installation file that included everything, and was making calls to the hp661x_32.dll.

I recently found that there was an IVI driver for these power supplies on NI website. Therefore I wanted to make a C# wrapper from it but did not find the .fp in the package installed!

Moreover, it seems like the dll has changed, it's now called hp66xxbc_32.dll.

Anyone knows what's going on and which one I should better use? IVI seems in general more up-to-date to me but I might be wrong.

Thanks!

Jean-Michel / Switzerland

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,930 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author metallica

If you don't have any issues with your VXIpnp driver, you can certainly keep using it but the IVI driver is definitely more up to date and it is supported by NI. Since these two drivers don't share the same prefix, they can easily coexist on the same system. Therefore, you should give an IVI driver a try. Once you run the installer for LabWindows/CVI, the FP file gets installed under Program Files/IVI or IVI Foundation/Drivers/hp66xxbc.

I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6
(3,909 Views)

Hi Gagi,

Thank you for answering.

The problem is that the IVI driver provided by NI has no .fp files, and I can therefore not create a .NET wrapper with the tool included in Visual Studio.

Do you have any idea how I could use this driver in C# .NET ?

Thank you,

jm

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,902 Views)
I just downloaded the IVI driver for CVI and the .fp file is exactly where gagi1 said it would be. Did you search that folder?
Message 4 of 6
(3,887 Views)

I will have to double check when I will be back at work, I'm still in vacation yet!

I will let you know how it goes. Thank you for your answers

jm

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,847 Views)

You guys are right!

The file is present in that directory, I must have uninstalled the driver once and then checked in the directory that had not been completely erased by the uninstaller.

Thanks again!

jm

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,781 Views)