Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pressure transducer calbration

Could someone explain to me how to calibrate a pressure transducer using Labview? Im using a pressure transducer type 7061B (Kistler) ,a DAQ PCI 6023, a charge amplifier type 5011B (kistler) and labview version 16. Below i attach the manuals.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,547 Views)

These are the tools....

the procedures (for static) calibration can be found in the standards...

one with public access is the DKD-R 6-1

The best calibration routine will recreate the usecase under known (and traceable!) conditions.

What is your usecase?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,485 Views)

I want to take pressure measurements in a 1-cylinder combustion engine. I connected the piezoelectric sensor with the charge amplifer and im taking a signal on labview (waveform) that i think is voltage. This signal i want to convert it in pressure. Sorry but i cant explain it better because im bad with englsh language.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,454 Views)

Generally, pressure transducers come with a calibration table that requires a certain level of interpolation for values within those table limits.  It is almost never a straight 1-to-1 value translation.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,444 Views)

What calibration data is available?

The sensor cal sheet should provide a sensitivity value something like  S_qp in a unit like pC/Pa   

and the charge amplifier cal/spec sheet  S_uq in a unit like V/pC  

or you alreday have a measuring chain calibration  (sensor and chargeamp.) providing somthing like S_up with a unit like V/Pa , the chain S_up=S_qp*S_uq

I choose Pa (Pascal the SI unit) but it might be also other non SI units market in the calibration report.

The voltage might be noted in mV ....  but that's physics lessons 101 😉

You measure U in Volt so your pressure value P calculates to  P = U/S_up  or P=U/(S_qp*S_uq) 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,408 Views)