Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ocean optics usb 4000 driver not installed successfully

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am having ocean optics usb 4000 spectrometer. I want to acquire its data in LabVIEW. For this application, I downloaded the instrument driver from NI Site (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=7833BD4A31DA1274E04400144FB7D2... I copied the project into instr.lib directory and installed driver using Ocean Optics USB4000_vista.inf file as instructed in the installation instructions then I restart my PC and connect the spectrometer and windows was successfully able to install driver for my spectrometer and I was able to run the example VI as well. But next day when I tried to connect the same device, windows was not able to install the driver and showed the message "Driver not successfully installed". I tried to update the driver software from the device manager but it shows "Windows was not able to install your Unknown Device" then I uninstall the driver and reinstall it but still got the same error.

I am using LabVIEW 2012 (32 bit) on windows 7 64 bit system.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,602 Views)
Is your problem solved?
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,542 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IshanPatel

Hi,

Yes my problem has been solved. There was a problem in the EEPROM of the spectrometer. It was corrupted. So I reprogrammed  the EEPROM and the problem is no more exist. Now my system is able to detect the device and data is also acquired using LabVIEW.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,533 Views)

Hi,

I encountered the same problem of "unknown device" after reconnecing the USB4000 to the computer. How did you reprogrammed the EEPROM?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,254 Views)

Be careful, that is not something you should do without knowing.

contact Ocean Optics and let them help you to reprogram the device.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,249 Views)