From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA troubles

I had posted a question about using microstrain devices and I finally had the opportunity to try out the supplied SDK with the microstrain hardware. I run the SDK and I get an error,

ERROR - 1073807202 Occurred at property node in VISA configure serial port (instr).vi - > agilelink_ping_node.vi

Possible reasons:

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF009E) A code library req'd by VISA could not be located or loaded.

What does this mean, i installed the drivers as listed on th NI website and I have access to the express VI's in the block diagram, but I think this has to do with configuring the USB in the automation explorer. I opened the explore and cannot find how to configure usb inputs, I even followed the video listed on the NI website.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,045 Views)

It has everything to do with actually installing NI-VISA. If you had searched for the error code you would have found this common error.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,039 Views)

Hi Eli Hafitz,

Check out this Knowledge Base Article on Error -1073807202 : A code library required by VISA could not be located" When Communicating With Se...

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
Senior Group Manager, Digital Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,007 Views)