From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remote control Tektronix TBS1062 with USB Interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently downloaded IVI Driver for Tektronix TBS1062 from national instruments.  I am using USB communication.I have configured the instrument in NI MAX and can identify the instrument successfully. However I am unable to use any of the other functions using IVI  driver. The IVI Step in NI TestStand always passes without any errors and NI I/O Trace shows VI_SUCCESS but I cannot see any chanes to settings in the horizontal scale and the veritical scale as configured by the IVI step. The horizontal and vertical scales always remain the same.

I am not really sure ,But could it be because of the USB interface?? Does the driver support USB?

Did anyone have the same error or Could anyone please help resolve this issue.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,130 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sahiti2013

First thing I would do is make sure the instrument is setup properly to accept commands over the USB.

After that, try sending commands through MAX to see if the scope reacts.

Then make sure you aren't using a simulated IVI session.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 2
(4,121 Views)