Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-8452 SPI slave

I got a NI USB-8452 module for I2C & SPI.

I thought it can be used as SPI Master or Slave, but , while for I2C I see the manual mentions slave, I don't see this for SPI function.

Can it be configured to act as SPI slave ?  For what I want my PC / LabView to act as some slave device

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,169 Views)

Yes I have SPI setup as a slave on one program and master on the other. It can be done.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,078 Views)

Hey TIM,

Good to know. Any easy to follow tips for a LabView newbie .. ? Need to ramp up myself on this 'quick'.

Starting (yea, still starting stage .. ) on SPI basic examples, that came with the 845x driver / package installation.

I need to see if I can learn/do this within a time, or, just fall back to an external devboard may be.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,069 Views)

All I can tell you is that I pulled out the development document and set up SPI as the design required. I had one version where I had to take care of all of the clock timing and one where I waited for a digital line to change to tell me to read the data. I didn't think it was too hard to work with even wen the developer gave me the wrong information.

What are you having trouble with?

Did you get a document that tells you what timing to set your device to?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,061 Views)

I guess my trouble is 1) all examples / documentation use SPI in LabView as Master , so no easy c&p  /no quick start with the Slave ..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,020 Views)

Hi @aeastet Tim

Can I know how you configured USB8452 as SPI Slave?
Please explain in detail.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,425 Views)

"The USB-845x devices cannot be used as SPI slaves." from

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kG5sSAE&l=en-US 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,756 Views)