Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with serial communication of a "Conrad Relais Board 197730" (CP210x)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello NI Community,

I am trying to get a pretty old Relais Board (Conrad 197730) to work with LabVIEW. I am totally new to LabVIEW and tried to get some informations about serial communication and other basic knowledge out of YouTube tutorials and your forum. But up to now I am not able to get the board to communicate with my computer.

What I was able to (roughly) understand is that I have to work with VISA blocks. Here are the pictures of what I tried:

Ein- und Ausgabe.JPGBlockschaltbild.JPG

I am writing the bytes to an U8-array which seems to work properly regarding the monitoring-byte-array-outputs. COM5 is checked and correct (the Conrad C++ example in Visual Basic works fine).

The "debugging function" (lightbulb) shows the signal is sent up to the purple square at the while-loop's right side. But the relais aren't switching. By sending 164 in Data (byte 2) relais 8, 6 and 3 should switch on (164 in binary is 10100100).

To be honest I have no clue what the checksum (byte 3) is doing and how it needs to be set. In the user manual it sais "XOR from byte0, byte 1 and byte 2).

Do you have an idea what might be the problem? I think everything is set up like told in the relais-board's user manual.

Here is a link to the manual (english version from page 21 onwards) : https://asset.conrad.com/media10/add/160267/c1/-/gl/000197730ML02/bedienungsanleitung-197730-conrad-...

Every help is appreciated and if you need further information pls tell me what you need to know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(707 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BenGunn

Hi again,

a workmate asked me about the fourth byte and we discussed about the XOR connection.

We managed to get the board working. The only problem was the incorrect setting of byte four.

We also included an VISA read block but that is optional.

Here is what we did:

Blockschaltbild 2.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(699 Views)