Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe-8375 problem

Hi

I recently purchased a PCI-8375, MXI-Express fiber optics cable (10m) and one PxiE-8375. The reason that I purchase PXIe-8375 due to I need to have a multiple chassis connected into daisy chain mode. So, I insert the PCIe-8375 into a desktop with a fiber optics cable and the PXIe-8375 to one PXIe-1075 chassis. I switched on the chassis connected first followed by switch on the PC. I can see the LED on the cable and both PCI and PXIe cards are turn green.

My problem is once I connected in this manner,  my PC cannot  boot in bios as well as windows. I had installed MXI Express compatible software 1.4 in the desktop. However no luck. i am currently curious what I did wrong . Can somebody please guide me ?

currently I am using Window XP services Pack 3.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,832 Views)

Some comments/questions:

When you installed MXI Express BIOS compatibility software, did you also flip the switch on the PCIe-8375?

Does the PC boot when the chassis is turned off?

The PCIe-8375 requires a PCIe RefClk that follows the PCIe specification (the part that specifies the frequency range of the clock).  Many motherboards violate the spec, maybe as many as half.  I've even seen a motherboard where some slots meet the spec and some don't.  If you look on the PCIe-8375 there are 4 LEDs that will blink periodically (I think around 1 Hz).  The blinking should be very regular, no flickering or frequency changes.  If they flicker or blink irregularly then the problem is almost certainly the RefClk.

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,782 Views)