From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-GPIB

I am using a PCI-GPIB to Communicate with my spectrum analyzer is there a way to get a screen shot of what I’m seeing on my spectrum analyzer into my labview program or maybe a separate file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,989 Views)
Perhaps. Have you read the instrument manual? That information would be in there. Commands to capture the screen and transfer it are always instrument specific and are not at all related to your subject. You have not even provided the make and model of the instrument so how can anyone really help?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,980 Views)
Oh sorry I forgot to add that in my Instrument is a Agilent E4440A Spectrum Analyzer. and an Agilent E4418B power meter. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,972 Views)
Also i have seach through the manual to try to find a command but all i found was a Measure, Read, and Fetch. And none of those commands would do what im trying to do.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,969 Views)

Have you tried asking Agilent?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,963 Views)

You need to use the :MMEM:STOR command to store the screen image to file. This will save it to the PSA's internal hard disk.

Example::MMEM:STOR:SCR "C:\TEMP.GIF"

Then, to get it to your PC you would query the memory. E.G.: :MMEM:DATA? "C:\TEMP.GIF"

The manual has information on the format of the data that is returned from the DATA? command. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,953 Views)
Thank you very much I appreciate that I will try it. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,945 Views)