From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI488.2 Installation for Visual Studio C/C++

Hi, I'm trying to control a Measurement device via GPIB. The connection works fine. I want to programm the device with C/C++, and downloaded NI488.2. Including the header NI488.2h works just fine, but running the example somehow I'm getting a lot of errors:

e.g 

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\lib64\msvc\ni4882.obj:1017:22: warning: null character(s) ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\lib64\msvc\ni4882.obj:1017:25: error: stray '\20' in programm
Checking the help file, The installation Guide says: Include the header File   AND   To build the application i need to enter following command line: cl /I"%NIEXTCCOMPILERSUPP%\include" cprog.c "%NIEXTCCOMPILERSUPP%\lib32\msvc\ni4882.obj" /MD

Sadly i have no Idea about Compilers and Commands and so on. Can somebody  maybe help me/explain me, where i need to paste it?

Thanks! 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(401 Views)