Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-488.2 does work on Windows XP Mode within Windows 7

Awesome.  Looking forward to testing.  Will start on Monday.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 55
(2,920 Views)

Hi,

I'm also having issues using GPIB-USB-HS with Win 7 32bit in XP Mode.

Great to hear that NI is working on this issue! Looking forward to test beta drivers and give feedback.

-Matti

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 55
(2,902 Views)

We are trying to use an NI ExpressCard-GPIB in Windows 7 64 bit XP Mode Virtual PC.  Our legacy software does not run under Windows7 64 bit.  The card does seem to attach to the virtual window but so far we have install errors.  I don't want to go to the expense of buying a newer version of software if possible.

Is it possible to install the driver in the virtual XP box without installing it on the windows7 platform?  We may try the beta driver to see if that option works.

My software is Fluke MetTrack/MetCal ver 7.1.1.  I know I can upgrade to ver 7.3 but that is just another expense.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 55
(2,788 Views)

The NI ExpressCard-GPIB should also work with the beta driver, although it has not been specifically tested. Please use the link provided my Michelle to request access to the beta driver.

-Jason S.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 55
(2,764 Views)

Initial testing says the beta driver does work with the ExpressCard-GPIB through XP Mode Virtual PC on the Windows7 64 bit platform.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 55
(2,728 Views)

Hi Ni,

I have been using GPIB-USB-HS with Win XP mode for the last few months successfully using the Beta driver.  It's been great.  My question to you at NI is "has the beta software for the GPIB been incorporated into the newest NI 488.2 software"?

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 55
(2,718 Views)

@JohnPM wrote:

Hi Ni,

I have been using GPIB-USB-HS with Win XP mode for the last few months successfully using the Beta driver.  It's been great.  My question to you at NI is "has the beta software for the GPIB been incorporated into the newest NI 488.2 software"?

John-

It is good to hear that the beta has been working well for you. The change has been incorporated into our next release of NI-488.2 for Windows. As you can understand, there are other features and changes going into this driver, and we must ensure that all of them are of sufficient quality before we release the final version. We are actively working on this right now, but I do not have a final release date available. This email thread has become the center of attention for this issue, so I expect that we will make an announcement to this thread when the driver is released.

-Jason S.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 55
(2,698 Views)

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I got the beta drivers for my PCI GPIB card. I uninstalled the previous NI drivers and installed this beta version. No problem at all in Windows 7, but in XP (virtual PC) I can't see the GPIB card in the device manager.

I also tried to install the beta driver directly in the XP virtual PC but I got the same result...

Thanks for your help,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 55
(2,603 Views)

Kevin,

As I recall, sorry but I don't have it available to me right now, I installed the beta driver from XP mode.  Then when I put in the card I had to go to the top of the virtual box & through a tab or drop down menu and attach the device to the XP box.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 55
(2,588 Views)

Thanks,

Actually, I can't find any option where I can "add" my GPBI-PCI card in the virtual pc... Only USB, ethernet adapter or hard drive nothing about PCI card.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 55
(2,583 Views)