From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXVISATimeoutError

Hello,

I get this error after I reinstalled my XP system. The error dialog pops-up on clicking both - devices & software. I have seen a similar post but without solution. The webpage the error dialog takes me also suggests couple of solutions that do not work for me. Attached is the capture. It mentions a driver being waited upon... Installation is:

Windows XP

LabVIEW 2010

NI-DAQmx 9.22

NI-VISA 5.02

MAX 4.74

If there is an uneeded component that halts my MAX... I haven't paid attention to all the NI-VISA installation components. There is a PCI-6014 board installed OK, recognized and reported in the Devices.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,247 Views)

Hello,

What devices do you have connected to your computer? Also do you have any remote devices connected to your computer? Have you always gotten this error or did it just start happening?

Best Regards,

Adam G 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,207 Views)

Adam,

Sorry for the week delay. There are no VISA devices attached. Only a PCI-6014. I have noticed before that after an older version of NI-DAQmx (I think it eas 8.7) the MAX started playing funny. Now it cannot see the PCI-6014 nor the software. I have tried the solutions offered by the suggested link but at no avail. No remote devices either...

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,164 Views)

Hello Roman,

One thing we can try is to clean the Measurement & Automation Explorer database. Here is the link for these steps. Let me know if this doesn't work. 

Best Regards,

Adam G 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,142 Views)