Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview AD5933

Hi all, I´m trying to get a communication between Labview and my evaluation board from Analog Devices AD5933 for impedance measurement through USB port. I installed the VISA driver and did all procedure suggested in manual to make my board recognized. I think I had success on it because VISA Interactive Control is able to find and open the resource.

However, unfortunetely I can´t make any write or reading from board but the  it´s possible with the driver from windows7.

When I open  Measurement & Automation Explorer I can see my my resource installed and inside VISA test panel the usb setting are:

Control Pipe:

Default (0)

Bulk In Pipe:

No pipe

Bulk Out Pipe:

No pipe

In View Attributes I have the following:

Bulk Out Pipe  Status ... Invalid Property Value

Bulk In Pipe Status ... Invalid Property Value

Interrupt In Pipe Status  ... Invalid Property Value

When I try to wrtie somethig I get:

Unable to start operation because setup is invalid ....

Did anyone face such kind of problem? Is it an USB access problem or impossibility to make connection to the board with this driver from NI?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,840 Views)

What driver and manual are you talking about. There are no drivers from NI for this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,835 Views)

Hi, thanks for your reply.

In fact, It´s not a specific driver from NI to this evaluation board.

I  have the board (EVAL - AD5933) plugged in USB and I wanna send some byte to it through USB. After that I´ll do some HMI in Labview.

Then, I used NI VISA driver to recognize my board plugged in USB port in order to send those commads. I´m probably ingeneous of thinking that it is possible. The problems I have now were mentioned before.

egards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,828 Views)

The use of the VISA wizard was probably your first mistake. Why did you use it? Did not the evaluation board come with a USB driver? See if it did and if it creates a virtual com port. Then undo everything you did with the wizard.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,826 Views)

Hi again. I saw some examples using Ni wizard to usb raw communication. That´s the reason I tried. But it´s not working for me.

As you mentioned, I have a software from the Anlog Devices to make communication with the board but I wanna do another HMI using Labview to integrate with my other system.

The driver was installed automaticaly by windows and the board works fine.

Looking at device manager I couldn´t find any virtual COM port. I´m attaching what I have in my system with the board plugged. Can you help me?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,818 Views)

There is no attachment. Look in device manager to see what driver the USB is actually using.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,814 Views)

Hi, sorry about the attachment.

It´s available now. Thank you for your support!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,811 Views)

A google search brought up this. It looks like it uses a dll provided by AD.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,804 Views)

I´ve already  read something about that. Do you think I have to work with the Labview " Call Library Function Node" . That´s the only way in you point of view?

Thanks for all.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,797 Views)

I think that would be the best way. In order to use the VISA wizard, you would need to get the very low details on the USB protocol. It may be doable but I'm not sure. It would not be easy, in my opinion.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,795 Views)