Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibnotify callback doesn't trigger

Hi,

I'm trying to get an ibnotify callback system working. At the moment I'm just trying to develop an example program to emulate an instrument's GPIB interface. The example program (interrupt_test.cpp) is running on a windows XP system, with NI VISA 5.0. I'm building all my code in Visual Studio 2008. The system controller is an older machine running NI-488.2 version 1.70.

Because I'm trying to do instrument emulation, I set up the GPIB interface as a non-system controller as follows:

//initialize GPIB bus

noncontroller = ibfind("gpib0");

//release system control

ibrsc(noncontroller,0);

//change the primary address

ibpad(noncontroller,2);

I set up ibnotify as follows:

ibnotify(noncontroller, gpibMask, gpibCB, NULL);

with gpibMask = (LACS|TACS|DCAS|CMPL);

My Callback is then defined as 

int __stdcall gpibCB(int ud, int localIbsta, int localIberr, long localIbcntl, void *refData)

The problem is that the callback never triggers. If I set my original mask to only LACS - it will trigger, but it won't re-trigger for the next case (when I want to say, be addressed as a talker).

I'm attaching the example code I've written, and I'm really hoping someone can help me find the problem here - I know there must be something obvious I'm missing.

Thank you,

Lex

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,040 Views)

Ok I have the callback triggering - 

I accomplished this by using a global variable for the mask that is shared between the main program and the callback thread.

The problem now, is that I never hit my I/O complete state (if (localIbsta  & CMPL)) in the callback.

After a write to my program (listener state) I set my mask to (TACS|DCAS|CMPL)

Again - any ideas?

Thanks,

Lex

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,026 Views)

Ok - Sheepish grin - 

It appears I've figured it out - I was missing a critical case statement in the read state - 

resetting the system to the idle state and removing the i/o complete mask was important, if there was nothing on the output buffer 🙂

currentIo = idleState;         

gpibMask = (DCAS | LACS);

Thanks again, 

I think I'm all set

Lex

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,025 Views)