Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Get "VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error" On first read of COMS 3 & 4

I am facing this problem. Anybody found any solution to this?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(6,337 Views)

Not sure if you are still getting the same problems, but I recently ran into the same error when trying to connect to a serial device through bluetooth and found the following to be helpful:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/60DDFED7EFEFE7188625705700750821

Basically I placed a VISA set I/O buffer block (search VISA in the functions box) after the VISA serial configuring block and set the mask to 48.  Make sure your expected input and output do not exceed the number you set for buffer size and that solved my problem.

Message 12 of 19
(6,258 Views)

I was facing that issue also, and my solution was plug in the device again (in my case was a pfeiffer pump) and run the VI again... I'm guessing it's because I didn't turn the pump off from labview so the visa didn't close the cycle correctly. I hope that works!

Carolina

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(6,214 Views)

I found a workaround for this issue. It is successful and I tested it well. I used "Clear Errors" after the VISA Read. This clears the error due to the erroneous data coming from serial port of the devices during power On and OFF.  I am attaching a screen shot of the connection (Clear Error) with this, please find that.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(6,206 Views)

What was the hardware issue? I'm facing the same problem when my device is connected to hub or when I restart my PC/Laptop.

Works good only after unplugging and replugging USB connection. I'm using Keysight Drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(5,306 Views)

Hi Niksa, in my case the problem lied in additional characters in the comms. Try logging the data on the usb port and see what's goiing on there. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(5,288 Views)

Try to sniff the COM ports with app like serial port monitor. I use this www.eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/ 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(5,001 Views)

Please could you provide us with a picture of how to install the I / O buffer block. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(2,124 Views)

I found a video on YouTube that helped me solve this problem. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lYMND8b3Qs

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(2,072 Views)