Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change target field without close EditPSSetting.vi?

Hi,

I apologize for the title of this message, but i did not have better idea. I am newbie in LV and honestly I dont know if i am writing to right forum lacotaion. To my question - I attached VIs which are used for controling  power supply for magnet. This power supply IPS120-10 is made by Oxford Instrument. VI what I open for controling magnet is called IPSfrontpanel.vi. There is a button Setting, which opens EditPSSeting.vi. In EditPSSetting.vi is possible to change "Target Field". What I need is change Target Field without close EditPSsetting.vi. I tried to do some modification of EditPSSetting, but nothing works - it looks it isnt possible to change Target field when EditPSSetting is open. 

Power supply is connected via RS232.

Actually what I need is increase Targer Field of some value every 5 minutes, so maybe there are other way...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,883 Views)

Perhaps you should take some tutorials on HOW to program in LabVIEW.

http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learn-labview/

Message 2 of 5
(4,875 Views)

You are right i should but i am pretty sure that it will not help me. I suppose i need someone who understand my question, but maybe i did not ask clearly. If you understood it be so kind and give me better advise.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,842 Views)

@koubes wrote:

You are right i should but i am pretty sure that it will not help me. I suppose i need someone who understand my question, but maybe i did not ask clearly. If you understood it be so kind and give me better advise.

Your question is purely a knowing HOW to program in LabVIEW one.

There are no shortcuts.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,827 Views)

Hi koubes,

I can only reinforce what 

You can start by changing so that it won't call EditPSSettings.VI but rather 'feed' the parameters you are interested towards the next VI that communicate with you device.

I can't give you more advises because you have to dive more into details in project and understand how these modifications will impact the code. This is just a tip and direction where to start.

I still agree with nyc, you should start with learning LabVIEW and than modify this applicaiton.

Best regards,

IR

Message 5 of 5
(4,799 Views)