Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Transfer File from PC to Instrument via LAN by SCPI?

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

Any suggestions and the procedures?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,652 Views)

There is no generic procedure for doing so. You need to look at the instrument's documentation on how this is done. What instrument do you have? Have you looked in IDNET to see if an instrument driver already exists to get you started?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,644 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I use the R&S FSV. And, I have read the document of this instrument, but in the document, there is no details to make it works. I have installed the NI VISA driver, I will use the NI VISA's commands and SCPI to control the instrument.So, I want to use commands again to transfer the calibration file to the instrument, to compensate the loss. Normally, we transfer the file from instrument to the local PC. But, this time I will transfer the file from PC to instrument. I'm confused. Please give me your hands. By the way, I use VS2008 to do this project.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,556 Views)

If the instrument does not implement this functionality, it does not matter what language or orotocol you use. Check with R&S to see if there is something in the manual that you might have missed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,551 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zhou guixi

I find the method to do it.

I summary the produre below:

1. Open source file from host controller(fopen)

2. Get size of file(fseek)

3. Create command header(:MMEM:DATA)

4. Write file to the instrument(viWrite) 

Thank you for the replies.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,547 Views)

Dear Zhou Guixi,

I want to do exactly the same thing you mentioned. Could you please explain the commands more?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,000 Views)

You might try looking at the manual on this page.  If you do not find what you want, try searching for SCPI and pick the desired topic.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,945 Views)