Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB with labVIEW

If anyone can help me out, I am trying to hook up a Keithley 3390 Arbitrary Waveform Generator to LabVIEW with GPIB to control the generator.  The waveform generator is hooked up with an oscilloscope with a BNC cable and I want to use the instrument drivers for Keithley 3390.  I am new with LabVIEW and I thought I did everything right but it keeps giving me this error message saying id query failed.  I have found on multiple sites to disable the id query all together.  Does anyone have any input?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(5,204 Views)

Which driver are you using?  Can you show us your code?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(5,201 Views)

Im using Keithley 3390 Standard Waveform.vi Driver and it's with labVIEW 2013

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(5,185 Views)

That is the actual name of the instrument driver in labVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(5,181 Views)

ID query is being done in the initialze VI. Look for it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(5,138 Views)

I found the id query and the initilize VI controls.  There is an option that says turn the id query to false but I don't believe that it is disabling it.  I tried that but then it still gives an error message.  I will take screen shots tomarrow when I am in the lab so it is more clear.  Also sorry I posted two posts it was just really frustrating me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(5,079 Views)

I took screenshots of the error message, the initilization front panel, and the block diagram.  I am not sure what to do next though

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(5,025 Views)

also of the instrument that I am using 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(5,023 Views)

You still have the ID Query turned on.  Wire up a FALSE to that input and see what happens.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(5,012 Views)

I tried that already and got another error code

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(4,984 Views)