From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-HS used through potentiostat 263A, iberr=EABO

Hello, 

I'm having some issues regarding a visa read through gpib-usb-hs. it responds to some commands such as "M" or "ID" but does not respond to *IDN? and comes out as an iberr = eabo error.

attached is an ni spy, and the error details. if anyone can help that would be great!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,411 Views)

Did you look in the manual to see if the instrument supports the command? You did not post the manual or even the make and model so no one can help you with what is there. Many older instruments don't so just ignore the warning.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,408 Views)

http://www.artisan-scientific.com/info/PAR_263A_Users_Manual.pdf

http://www.artisan-scientific.com/info/PAR_263A_Command_Set_Handbook.pdf

if these would help. i usually get timeout errors at random times on the visa read when using labVIEW and the error code on MAX and labVIEW are the same. are they related?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,399 Views)
What commands are you sending when you get the timeout error?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,388 Views)

under the error.jpg, you can see that the visa read with count 100 shows the time out error "bfff0015" when it is run under the visa software/max. When i run a program through labview, i get this time out error at random times. i think they are related and i'm not sure how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,383 Views)

You can fix it by sending the correct command before doing a read. Clearly, sending an *IDN? has already been established as an unsupported command so what else are you writing when you get the error with a read?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,374 Views)