Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on the screen of Spectrum Analyzer "Query Interrupted "

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

First of all sorry i have posted this message at wrong place intially...

I want to do a screen capture for Spectrum analyzer ESA series. I am getting screen-shot but always same not the current one. If and only if i dont use MMEM:smileyvery-happy:EL function after the binary data read sub vi i get screen-shot but not the current one. And if i  use Function MMEM:smileyvery-happy:EL then i get blank screen-shot. And on the screen of Spectrum i always get message that QUERY INTERRUPTED and at the error output i get warning. I dont know whats making these things to happened... I will be very glad if anyone help me with this...

thanks in advance...

Pals

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,169 Views)

Hi

I don't know enough abot the esa to comment the details of the commands but I' sure that you use the wrong wait function.

This one waits at most the time you specify, but quits immediatly when a multiple of the specified time passes on the sytem clock.

That can be within one millisecond.

Please use the watch it waits minimally the spcified time.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sim5

I don't know if this matters, but the "PSA Screen Capture via GPIB1" VI that you uploaded is looking for the subVI "VISA Read Binary Block Data to File", but you uploaded "VISA Read Binary Block Data to File1". What is the difference?

The reason for the QUERY INTERRUPTED error is that you are issuing an *OPC? command, but are never reading the response. That command causes the analyzer to return a 1 when the command is done. You're never reading it. So, the analyzer complains, as it should.

Message 3 of 6
(4,156 Views)

I suggest you can download the LabVIEW PnP driver for ESA from our Id net. Perhaps it can meet your needs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,147 Views)

Thanks all.....

I changed to watch and then i removed the *OPC? now its not giving error...

Thanks so much so much...

Pals

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,131 Views)

Thanks so much...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,129 Views)