Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directly how to access the Device Manager in Labview

how to Access the Device manager directly from labview.is there any Vis provided by NI to Access the Device manager.

thanks,
soumya.
Message 1 of 4
(4,138 Views)
Soumya:

The best way to achieve this is to figure out which windows function is called when you take certain actions in the device manager. For example, when you right-click on My Computer and scan for hardware changes, a function is called from the windows dll. If you know which function is called for what you are trying to do, you can use the "Call Library Function Node.vi" in LabVIEW to call the windows dll.
I hope this helps and let me know if I can help further.

Best Regards,

Rudi N.
Message 2 of 4
(4,124 Views)
Rudi,

Thank you for your reply. what m trying to do is, just  i need to diplay through Labview if any imaging device (Ex:- Camera) detected by PC (windows) or not. These details will be automatically updated in Device Manager. Thats why m trying to access the Device Manager through Labview. m not having any idea on windows dll. so would you please tell me which dll is required for this n where can i found it.

Thanks,
Soumya.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,120 Views)
Soumya:

The dll that houses all the device manager functions is called "devmgr.dll" and is located in ..\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\. I am still not sure about which function from that dll you can use to populate your imaging devices. You can take a look at this article to populate all the functions and look through them to figure out the one you need to use.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Rudi N.
Message 4 of 4
(4,100 Views)