Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code for FAST 2

Did you fix the Initialize function?
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 91
(1,254 Views)

Yes i got proper response for SNAP Query in Basic....Vi

But NO response for ESR & ERRS commands when checked in the same Vi.

For the ESR query,i tried giving "ALRM 0;KCLK 0;*ESE 53;ERRE 246;LIAS 7;*CLS;*ESR?" and also tried only with *ESR?.

Hope this is right.

Yes,i am asking about the Initialise Vi,about what exact changes to  make.

For now,when i searched in NI forum,SR850 seeem to have serial comm.I tried with using its Initialise part but as usual,the EC in ID Query throws error so i disabled that part.

I am giving proper Term Char as u can see in the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 91
(1,247 Views)
If you can't get the initialize function to run the idv query,vi don't see why any other function would work. Work on fixing one thing at a time.
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 91
(1,208 Views)

Please understand,i have problem only with Driver Vi.The Basicxxx.vi is not a part of this.I am getting proper response only in BAsic vi not in driver.,

Why is the EC in ID query always fails??Also how to get a response for ESR,ERRS.

I resolved the continous blink of Error LEd by taking the instrument to remote mode.

I still have the above mentioned issues along with no value being displayed at the output in LV.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 91
(1,201 Views)
What error do you get when you do the id query? Do you get anything read at all? This should be easy to troubleshoot. Did you probe the output of the VISA Read after you write the id query? Did you turn on I/O Trace and compare what happens with the basic example and your VI? It sounds like you still haven't set the correct termination character despite your insistence that you have. I don't know why you are so sure it's correct.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 91
(1,194 Views)

Thanks!!

When i query in MAX,i able to W & R,after which a timeout is thrown but i think this can be ignored.

As i mentioned,i am taking the instrument to Remote Mode so there are no error LEd blinking in the instrument.

I also do not see any error msg in LV while execution.

Till here everything is Fine.The only issue  is that,after Read Parameter.Vi there is no display at the LV output display though there are values being displayed in instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 91
(1,173 Views)

Can you post a screenshot of the configuration tab in MAX? It shouldn't be throwing a timeout; to me, that suggests that perhaps the read isn't properly terminating even in MAX. 

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 91
(1,153 Views)
But it sounds like you have not done the basic troubleshooting steps I mentioned. The I/O Trace utility is launched in MAX. After starting it, you would ruin the basic example that returns the id. Then run the initialize function that is supposed to return it. Compare the two or attach a text version of the capture.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 91
(1,152 Views)

Please find attached the MAX TO and NI Trace output pdf.

MAX TO was happening for each query.

The trace was taken for the complete vi(Stanford Research 830 Acquire Measurement - 1 Parameter) which includes Initialise vi too.

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 91
(1,136 Views)

Please ignore the previous post and find attachment here.

For MAX TO,Basic VI Trace and Driver VI Trace.Sorry i did not do this before when u insisted as i diod not know what it is.

The TO was occuring for each Query.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 91
(1,119 Views)