Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code for FAST 2

You should get rid of that 'Clear mode' case statement. I had that because I was testing an obscure bug in the implementation of VISA Serial Clear in the OS X version of the VISA Server. Since you're not dealing with that particular arcane combination, you don't need the case statement. 

What values are you supplying for the termination character byte and End Write with term char boolean?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 91
(2,952 Views)
The REM command does not apply to your instrument.

No, I do not think your code is correct. See how the 34401 has a case statement for serial? Do the same for yours with just the property node that sets the com parameters. Don't have the handshaking or rem function.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 91
(2,946 Views)

Again n Again Thanks!!

Yes i removed clear mode.

In the VISA serial Conf,i enabled TErm Char.Tried Term Char with x0A,X0D(LF,CR).I find there is no error from any Vi but still i do not get the value displayed at output.

1 major change, i added no. of bytes for all the reads of ESr,ERRS,LIAS vi.

NOt sure if this has some impact.

PFA

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 91
(2,944 Views)
You moved the serial configuration outside of the case statement and did not use the property node to set the termination character for a write. You have a wrong command for ers. Never use Bytes at Serial Port when your instrument sends a termination character.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 91
(2,929 Views)

I have added the serial part of Agilent as u suggested.

I think REM is reqired only then the instrument will be controilled from Labview(I verified this in the SR830 manual.)PFA

As this is not included in my code currently,the Error LED in the instrument keeps blinking.

You said ERS command is wrong,the manual has same command and i am using it as it is in the driver.Lemme know what exact change u were refering to.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 91
(2,925 Views)
In your more change image, you have ERRS which is the wrong command.

As I said, I don't think you want the homeshaking (dtr etc.) code.

I believe the rem command is optional. I know what it's for.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 91
(2,911 Views)

REM is optional; the instrument will respond regardless. Without checking, I don't think it requires (or indeed supports) the serial handshaking protocols. 

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 91
(2,894 Views)

Thanks for the input.

U mentioned ERRS is wrong command.Can u pls let me know the right command here.

Also,though there is no error popping in labview(checked by highlight),the Error Led in Instrumemnt blinks continously,it might be because of wrong command too.

If you can answer me for this,i can try with it as i tried changing ERRS to other commands but it did not work.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 91
(2,866 Views)
Time to RTFM. Don't you think ERS? would work better?
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 91
(2,843 Views)
Sorry, typo. Should be ESR?
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 91
(2,836 Views)