Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't initialize Chroma driver for Ethernet

Solved!
Go to solution

I’m using LabVIEW 2010 with a Chroma 62150H-600S (Chroma 62000 series) solar array emulator, and can't run the demo in the driver. 

I configured the IP address for the instrument manually from the front panel of the instrument. 

I can then ping the instrument and it replies. 

I downloaded driver 62000H V1_0 for LabVIEW 7_1 Driver.zip from Chroma (I see another thread which establishes that the drivers on the NI site matched those on the Chroma site in June).  I opened Chr62000H Getting Start.vi from the LLB.  I changed VISA IP address to match what I put in instrument “TCPIP0::192.xxx.xx.xx::60000::SOCKET”.  Run the VI.  Get error, “Chr62000H Initialize.vi<ERR> Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system.”

PDF Manuals for the product are not available from the vendor website; I did send Chroma an email to request the manual.

And so I need to understand how to correctly formulate the VISA address for this instrument.  What should I try next?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,781 Views)

In MAX, did you first right click on Devices and Interfaces and select Create New>VISA TCP/IP Resource?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,770 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chatwin

Will swing by and try it.  Also vendor sent me the manual now, and it says the port number should be 2101 instead of the default value of 60000 which in the driver.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,759 Views)