From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparent GPIB Error: Nonexistent GPIB Interface/Missing Card Error

I'm trying to revive an old program that controls an old Burleigh Model Inchworm Motor setup. It was programmed about a decade ago, and was used with a different GPIB card than the one I'm currently using. When I try to run the program, I get one of two error messages:

1. (attachment: error1): Nonexistent GPIB interface

2. (attachment: block diagram): I get the "Initialization Error- Aborting!!!". I have obviously tried to reset the Burleigh to no avail. I have also changed all of the GPIB addresses to the new cards value (3), with no success. 

I have run the GPIB analyzer and also gotten an error for a missing card (attachment: GPIB analyzer), but when I run the troubleshooting utility everything seems to be fine. 

Any suggestions? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,905 Views)

You are getting the error from an open file function so I don't understand why you are associating the error with the possible GPIB reason instead of the possible LabVIEW reason.

And what do you mean by changing all of the addresses? You certainly cannot change any instrument to match the address of the controller (which should be 0).

Lastly, unless you bought a + version of a GPIB controller, you cannot run the analyzer because it is only + cards that implement the low level analyzer functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,897 Views)