cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethenet IP drivers reconnection issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I was reading NI documents/posts on Ethenet IP drivers and i was wondering if the reconnection issue was fixed ? I am using cRIO not PC.

here is the issue that was posted to https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4065
" Hello NI EtherNet IP Users and Administrators ,

I am having a problem, that may be related to a bug in the Labview Ethernet IP driver.

I have a Controllogix PLC running an electro/pneumatic/mechanical workstation that also has a LabView application on a PC doing some high speed data acquisition and analysis. The symptom I am experiencing is that if I am online with the PLC and actively monitoring and/or editing the PLC program, while the station is running, the communication between the PLC and the Labview PC via ethernet IP appears to lock up. This requires a complete cold start of the PC to re-establish communications. Simply re-starting the Labview application does not re-establish the connection.

If I am not online with the PLC while the station is running, the communication does not lockup, or at least the occurance frequency is greatly reduced.

I saw that there is a newer release of the ethernet IP driver available, was this created to address a specific problem? If so would upgrading to the newer driver correct my issue? Thanks! "

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,152 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sticyfinger

Hi sticyfinger,

From that thread, I think it's not definitive that it was caused by bugs. 

Have you met such erroneous behaviors?

I did not spot such an issue in the database though. I think you should upgrade to 14.0 because there are other fixes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,140 Views)

Lewis, 

I did not encounter the problem i was just curious.  Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,134 Views)